25 June 2013

To Each His (her) Own

So I took Halle to the park again tonight, and had another interesting experience. After we finished our Chick-fil-A, she ran over to play on the tire swing with some other kids. Those kid's mom was sitting on a nearby bench, singing. Like, really. Singing. She was using that diaphragm and beltin' it out, y'all! I actually like her choice of songs...

...and I'll admit that she had a good voice. But dude, are you at a concert? I mean, I sing with my friends sometimes when we're goofing off all otgether, but she was just by herself and letting it out like she's alone in the shower. Weird. I didn't think too much of it, 'cause y'know, who am I to judge? To each his (or, in this case, her) own, right? Maybe she just likes singing. Maybe she's a professional singer and practicing for her next concert. Maybe She's Lambert herself, in disguise!!

Yeah, I was kinda judging. You would have, too. It was freakin' loud, even with her on the other side of the park.

A few minutes later, she began pushing her kids on the tire swing. She seemed nice, the way she interacted with them and stuff. As I eavesdropped on casually noticed some conversation with her children, I caught that the oldest was named Miranda. Miranda. As in Miranda Lambert. As in the singer. The singer who sings that song, the one she'd been singing. And apparently the only singer she likes, since she'd now moved on to singing Kerosene.

I have nothing against the name Miranda. It's fine. It's posh. But lady, did you really name your kid after your favorite singer and then take her to the park to perform said singer's entire discography?

To each his (her) own. I'm sure you're a lovely person.

I had to stop watching coincidentally observing the scene because Halle wanted to swing. I pushed her for a minute before she ran off to the slide, and I thought, "I can see her from here. I'll swing for a bit too." So I did. My view:



Loved these pics so much, I had to hop down and get some more. Windows into the world of children.




I wonder if people were judging me, as I balanced way up on the swing with my zebra striped iPod, trying to zoom in to see Halle across the park. Maybe even Miranda's mom was judging.

But that really doesn't matter.

To each his (her) own.

Click the badge and open a whole new world of beautiful writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment